December 29th was the first anniversary of my daughter's death. In some ways, the horror of that morning seems so fresh. In other regards, it seems so long ago and far away, I sometimes wonder if it really happened at all. Of course, I know it did happen: she is real, she was here in the flesh and she will always remain with me in spirit.
I decided that we would honor this day by showing Angeline that in spite of our profound grief, her mommy and daddy continue to love each other and are still trying to find joy in life, even though this life hasn't turned out the way we had hoped it would. With that in mind, we took a few days away, so that we could enjoy each other, her memory, and natural beauty in the world around us.
Below you will find a few of the peaceful scenes we encountered on an early morning walk on the first anniversary of our daughter's death.
I send peace and love to all of you, as well. I hope that 2012 proves to be a better year for all of us.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Praying for you Erin. I know the deep hurt. I pray you also experience healing and joy as you remember and celebrate your sweet Angeline.
*Meg.
Post a Comment