Friday, October 14, 2011

October 15th and the tragedy in Seal Beach

(Image from Franchesca at Small Bird Studios)

October 15th is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I will get up early to attend the OC Walk to Remember memorial ceremony in honor of our lost children. This will be my first time, but I am told that the names of each of our precious babies will be read. I will be there in honor of my daughter. I have made a financial contribution to this organization, which funds perinatal loss support services in my area.

This has been a difficult week. I have had a hard time with my own grief, and have experienced the shock of having a violent tragedy in a neighboring community. We frequent Seal Beach on a regular basis. Having a blood massacre occur so close to home has been stunning and traumatic even though we have not been personally affected. My heart breaks for the victims and the families whose lives have been devastated. They will never be the same. Many people don't realize how profound a ripple effect comes from a tragedy such as this. It makes me sad to see letter and expressions of grief from loved ones left behind - particularly when I see them asking God why this happened. They don't know yet, sometimes there is no reason.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved