Today, I believe I received a sign.
Last Saturday, while out to lunch, I looked down and realized something was missing. From my memorial bracelet, a gift from my very dear friend, which I wear every day. I was very upset to see one of the charms was gone, worst of all, it was the silver heart engraved with "Angeline Our Angel."
I felt awful and couldn't believe this charm had come off the bracelet without my noticing it! I realized that I had only been to a few places so far that day. I looked around my bedroom, where I had changed my clothes. My study where I had been working on my computer. Out to the mailbox. I went back to the car wash, looked around and left my number and a description.
The next day, came the torrential rain. I figured if it was outside, it would surely have been washed away. I felt better knowing that the charm would probably have ended up in the drains that empty into the ocean. This was comforting, thinking that the charm would not be in the bottom of a sewer somewhere. In any case, I resigned myself to the fact that it was gone and I would never see it again. I reminded myself that it was only a thing, and that Angeline is always with me - charm or no charm.
I decided to get an exact replacement. I also selected a few new charms to symbolize Angeline and the journey we've been on these past 10 months. I am excited to be adding a special charm in honor of her first birthday in heaven, which is coming up in the end of December.
Today, after a long and rather emotionally draining day, I came home and debated getting the mail. I decided to stop by the mailbox. It was dark, and I could barely see. A little glimmer caught my eye. There on top of the box was.... my charm! I couldn't believe it!! Someone had found it and left it exactly where I would find it. And find it, I did. In the dark, while feeling disappointed and sad. To me, it was a sign. Even when things seem hopeless, and you may be tempted to give up, there is hope.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
<3 <3 <3
I love this. I am so happy to hear stories like this.
I'm so glad that you go your charm back. I wear a mother's ring, a necklace and a bracelet everyday, and if any of them went missing i would be so sad.
sending you lots of love.
i believe you are right...indeed a sign. keep up that hope.
I love that you found it! A sign that your little girl is watching you from above!!! XO
Post a Comment