Thursday, May 5, 2011

Today, I held a baby.

Today, I held a baby. Two, to be more accurate.

Two precious, little, beautiful girls. Newborn daughters of my good friend. I remember when I first learned that she was expecting. I was already finishing up my first trimester. We were so looking forward to "our girls" playing together! They would have been about two months apart.

They are gorgeous. One of them looks like her mommy, one like her daddy. Both their parents are totally in love with them. Today was the first that I have seen them. I held each of them for awhile. Already, they have distinct personalities. One baby seems so easy and laid back. The other makes a lot of funny faces, furrows her brow, looks like she's thinking. "What on earth could you be thinking about??" I asked her.

I am genuinely happy for my friends on the arrival of their twin girls. In some ways, I expected it would have been harder to see these little girls, but it wasn't hard at all. I thought they were beautiful and precious. I didn't really feel so much sadness for myself. I hope that one day I will have the joy of holding my own live baby in my arms, but today I had the great pleasure of holding my friend's little princesses.

2 comments:

Desirae said...

I'm glad you were able to find the beauty and happiness in it rather than hurt and sadness. You give me so much hope.

Angie said...

You're such a strong mama! I'm so proud of you for being open to spending time with these baby girls. It's a big accomplishment spending time with a baby after you lose yours. xo

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved