Thursday, March 29, 2012

Another mother

There are some positive and hope-inspiring things happening in my life right now, but tonight my heart is heavy, as I have witnessed the pain and grief of another mother joining our forlorn ranks.

It was emotionally difficult for me to hear the details of her unborn baby's condition a short while back, knowing that it would likely not be long until she would joining our unhappy club. She and her doctors took heroic measures to save her sweet baby. Sadly, not enough could be done.

I was so glad to hear that this brave young mother had held her precious son and loved his earthly body, even after he had gone to heaven. She says he was perfect and beautiful. I know that she will eventually cherish the memories of those moments. She gave her baby a name, so that we can all acknowledge his identity and his personhood. This baby has touched many lives, even as he has passed away from us. I hope that she had some comfort from the few thoughts I was able to share with her even as she faced her worst nightmare. I remember being there, in that horrible place, like it was yesterday. Yet at the same time, I am a fundamentally different person than I was when I started on this difficult path.

This beloved baby reminds us that there is no footprint too small.


(Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved