The Chinese New Year began on January 23, 2012. This is the "year of the dragon," as you may have heard. According to Chinese tradition, the dragon is an auspicious creature: it symbolizes power, luck, good fortune. Of course, the year of the dragon is a highly desirable time for a child to be born, according to those subscribing to this philosophy.
2011 was a really horrible year in so many ways for so many people. I personally know a number of people for whom it was easily the worst year of their lives, myself included.
I do believe that the tide may finally be turning. I feel in a way that a black cloud is lifting. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I really don't think so.
On the other hand, surviving the first year after the loss of you child is in itself an accomplishment and a relief. There is nothing that can compare to the early raw emotions, the prolonged and enduring sadness, the heaviness of the all of the "firsts" without your baby. Further, I did not have the comfort of the promise of a new life while passing each milestone. We have faced many challenges that would provide material for another blog altogether. And amazingly, I survived anyway.
This year, I have already decided, will be different. Will be... good? Can I actually go so far as to say that? Yes, I still miss my sweet Angeline every minute of every day. I always will, but I have to find happiness, joy, excitement and other good things here in this live without her. I am grateful to be surrounded by living angels here on earth who lift me up, day in and day out. They have convinced me that there are better times ahead.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
XO
This will definitely be a beautiful year full of joy, love and healing for you. xo
Post a Comment